Compact self-braking descender
The RIG self-braking descender allows the user to easily position himself by using the handle to lock the device in place on the rope. Easy to grasp, this descender is intuitive and convenient to use. With its innovative and compact design, the RIG offers a simple, efficient alternative to traditional descenders.
- Multi-function handle allows the user to:
- unlock the rope and control the descent with the hand on the free end of the rope
- position himself on the rope without tying off the device
- The automatic return system on the handle limits risks in case of an involuntary action by the user
- Handle storage position reduces the risk of snagging when the descender is being carried on the harness.
The gate on the moving side plate helps prevent dropping the device and facilitates rope installation when passing intermediate anchors.
- Pivoting cam facilitates taking up the slack in the rope. Can also be used to make a reversible haul system, and for short ascents (in conjunction with a FOOTAPE foot loop and an ASCENSION handled rope clamp).
- Lowers heavy loads up to 200 kg (only for expert users; consult the Instructions for Use for the device)
- Min. rope diameter: 10,5 mm
- Max. rope diameter: 11,5 mm
- Weight: 380 g
- Certification(s): EN 341 classe A, CE EN 12841 type C, NFPA 1983 Technical Use, EAC
- NSN: 8465-145647710